Yield: 25 balls
- 5 quarts popped corn
- 2 cups sugar
- 11⁄2 cups Dr Pepper Vanilla Float or Cherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter the sides of a sauce pan and in it combine sugar, Dr Pepper, salt, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook to hard ball stage (250° F).
Remove from heat and add vanilla. Slowly pour syrup over hot popcorn. Mix well to coat every kernel. Butter hands and shape into small balls.
SODA FOUNTAIN PUNCH
Yield: About 20 Servings
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 64 ounces OR 1 2-liter bottle cold Dr Pepper Vanilla Float or Cherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (scant) rum extract (optional)
Place ice cream in a 4-quart punch bowl. When softened, beat with rotary beater until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups of cold Dr Pepper, beating until well mixed. Pour remaining Dr Pepper and rum extract if desired and mix well with a spoon.